The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition is currently hiring for the position(s) below.
Spring 2020 Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition Communications Intern
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic college student to join the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition as a communication intern in our Wilmington, DE office. This program gives current college students the opportunity to grow their marketing skills while experiencing a variety of communication, design and marketing tasks to help them understand career opportunities in the industry.
The chosen candidate will focus on supporting the Communications Director with the execution of marketing plans for a variety of programs and services within our statewide non-profit organization. This role will give an intern exposure to the core disciplines of non-profit program and event marketing: assisting the marketing team with events, sponsorships, and tradeshows, working closely with our team to implement and digital audience participation, and working with our Communications Director to measure return on investment. In addition, the intern will participate in other learning and mentoring activities with the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition staff which will expand their knowledge of breast cancer and during the spring of 2020.
Basic overview of daily tasks:
• Assist in preparing event communication flyers and posts.
• Assist with generating social media reports and website reports.
• Coordinate shipping marketing materials and displays.
• Assist with the creation of post-event surveys.
• Assist with the creation and execution of website events and event pages.
• Assist marketing managers with a variety of campaigns and collateral coordination.
• Assist in the development and evaluation of social media campaigns.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications:
• The ability to multi-task, along with strong time management skills.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft® Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
• Canva or Adobe Creative Suite experience is plus but not a requirement.
• The ability to work independently while also functioning as part of a team.
• The ability to take constructive criticism about creatives and creative writing.
• Solid attention to detail with excellent communication skills.