“Facts for Life: Women with Disabilities”
- Provided by Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a global leader in the fight against breast cancer, this fact sheet discusses the barriers to screening that women with disabilities face, as well as how to overcome them, successful screening practices, and further suggestions for healthcare providers. View this factsheet in PDF format .
“Breast Health and Beyond for Women with Disabilities: A Provider’s Guide to the Examination and Screening of Women with Disabilities”
Produced by Breast Health Access for Women with Disabilities (BHAWD), this guide is intended to educate health care providers about offering breast health screening services to women with disabilities, including ways to improve accessibility and personal interaction with their patients. Get the order form for this document.
“Treating Adults with Physical Disabilities: Access and Communication”
- This is a “Training Curriculum for Medical Professionals on Improving the Quality of Care for People with Disabilities,” developed by the World Institute on Disability, in collaboration with the Center for Health Care Strategies, the Kaiser Permanente Foundation, and the California Health Care Foundation. This publication is available in PDF format or in Microsoft Word.
“Women First: Breast Health for Women with Developmental Disabilities”
- This guide was created by the Breast Health for Women with Disabilities Project and is intended for use by self-advocates and health care providers when addressing breast health issues, like breast self exams, breast cancer, visits to health care providers, etc., as well as to educate women with developmental disabilities about basic breast health information. View this handbook in PDF format.
"Tips for Women with Disabilities: Getting Your Mammogram"
- This is a Question and Answer sheet provided by the American Association on Health & Disability intended to address common concerns of women with disabilities in regard to mammography. This resources is available here in PDF Format.
"Screening for Life"
- This helpful resource is provided by the Delaware Division of Public Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for eligible Delawareans to receive free screening tests.