The DE-feet Breast Cancer 5K Run/Walk is a fun and spirited event hosted by the Tanger Outlets to benefit the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition. At this event for all ages, participants can choose to take part in a timed 5K Run, a 5K Walk or a 1-Mile Fun Walk. There will be awards for all age groups.
New this year! All runners and walkers will be chip-timed using the NOVA timing system.
The Run/Walk will be held on Sunday, May 19, 2013 (Rain or Shine!) beginning at Tanger Outlets (36470 Seaside Outlet Drive, Rehoboth Beach, DE).
Advance packet and t-shirt pickup will be available.
Registration open: 7:00 am
5K Run/Walk Start: 8:30 am
1-Mile Fun Walk: 8:45 am
Race awards, individual and team fundraising awards will be given out at approximately 9:30 am.
Special Visit from Yogi Bear with activities for the kids compliments of Yogi Bear’s Delaware Beaches! http://www.delawarejellystone.com/
Participants can register here.
All proceeds from the 2013 DE-feet Breast Cancer 5K Run/Walk benefit DBCC’s programs that increase breast cancer awareness, promote the importance of early detection, provide access to mammograms, and provide support and resources to men and women in our local community who are newly diagnosed or facing recurrence of breast cancer.
DBCC uses proceeds from the DE-feet Breast Cancer Run/Walk to:
- Assist women diagnosed with breast cancer when other funding sources are not available, helping to pay for diagnostic tests, lymphedema sleeves, prostheses, and medical co-pays;
- Provide access to screening mammograms;
- Host the Breast Cancer Update, presenting emerging topics on diagnosis, treatment and survivorship, free of charge to over 400 attendees;
- Present monthly Beginning Your Breast Cancer Journey programs;
- Provide medical interpretation and patient navigation for Spanish-speaking clients;
- Give breast health presentations and attend health fairs and community events;
- And many other programs and services!
Please join us on May 19, 2013! Invite your family, friends and co-workers to create a team and help DBCC take action to defeat breast cancer. Together, we can make a real difference!