The 23rd Annual Breast Cancer Update was held on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, virtually via Zoom.
Chaired by Marilyn Hyte.
Planning Committee: Katelyn, Bender Vicky Cooke, Vicky Connie Holdridge, Marilyn Hyte, Jan Jessup, Sally Maday, Sue Murray, Kelly Paustian, Linda Powell, Amanda Perdue, Meridith Rothstein, Francesca Vogel, Lois Wilkinson, Lois Dennis Witmer, and Wilma Yu.
As a result of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Identify recent trends and advances in breast cancer including the most recent TAILORx trial results.
- Describe the advances and treatment modality options available for triple negative breast cancer including the translational research and outreach initiatives.
- Describe the role of Oncotype testing in both breast and prostate cancers.
- Describe the various alternative/holistic/complementary therapies available for breast cancer patients including acupuncture.
- Understand integrative medicine i.e. the addition of non-medicinal therapies, and approaches to patient care.
We would like to thank all of our speakers, moderators, sponsors, and attendees!
Certificates of attendance documenting 4 Contact Hours and .4 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) will be available to Nurses and other healthcare professionals.
For questions or comments regarding accreditation, please contact Corexcel at:
(M-F, 9am – 5:30pm ET).
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Corexcel has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: International Association for Continuing
Education and Training (IACET)
1760 Old Meadow Road, suite 500
McLean, VA 22102.
DBCC’s 23rd Annual
Breast Cancer Update (2021)
Breast Cancer Research
Where we are…Where we are going
Advances in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
Amy S. Clark, MD, MSCE
DBCC’s Research Grant Recipient
Quality of Life – Rekha Shukla
SESSION II- Panel: Breast Cancer Screening for High-Risk Patients
Mirielle Aujero, MD
Jacqueline Holt, MD, FACR
Rishi Sawhney, MD
Pallav Mehta, MD
Kendra Flores, MS, LCGC
The contents of the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition (DBCC), such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the DBCC Site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.