The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition’s (DBCC) Annual Breast Cancer Update began as a small scientific meeting to update physicians about the latest trends in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Recognizing the importance of sharing the most up-to-date information the Breast Cancer Update has grown to an annual educational conference offered free to the public.
Each year the Breast Cancer Update features leading medical breast cancer panel experts and informational resources offering the latest developments in treatment and care to breast cancer survivors and their families, physicians, nurses, students, and allied health professionals.
It is our goal to have programming that empowers our community in the fight against breast cancer. The Annual Breast Cancer Update allows us to bring nationally renowned speakers in the breast cancer field and gives us the opportunity to educate the community about the innovative research, treatment, and programs that are available in Delaware.
24th Annual Update Objectives:
1. Identify current trends and advances in breast cancer treatment, diagnosis and clinical trials.
2. Summarize the “Artemis Project”- an ongoing vaccine clinical trial for the prevention of metastasis utilizing mRNA technology.
3. Compare current surgical options for de-escalation of breast surgery and in the axilla.
4. List current approaches and advances in chemotherapeutic treatment options.
5. Outline current research initiatives on blood diagnostics.
The contents of the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition (DBCC), such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the DBCC Site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.